What is Monograph?
Monograph was founded by a team of ex-architects. Monograph is modernizing design professionals’ back office with a beautiful, data-driven platform to help them manage, plan and grow their companies. Our mission is to let architects get back to doing what they love and do best—design—not finance, management or Excel.
Why work at Monograph?
- People first: Core to the team, we believe in people first, curiosity, and empathy. You'll be our ambassador and deploy your genuine value for relationships to drive success and happiness.
- Build a company that will redefine architecture: Project management is just the beginning...we have big ambitions to help facilitate the entire design process from becoming the document source of truth to coordinating with consultants. You can shape the future of building design.
- Work with some of the best product people in the world: From working with companies like IDEO, Google X, and Figma, we’re a team of highly productive individual contributors with a strong design background.
As the first person on Monograph’s people operations team, you’ll be the architect of the systems, processes, and programs that will foster a strong culture and inclusive employee experience for all Monograph team-members.
Monograph is a distributed team, and this person will implement best practices for human resources while designing creative programs to support a happy and high-performing team. This role will report to and step in as an Executive Assistant to the CEO.
So, what will you do at Monograph as the first member of our People Ops team?
- Generalist support, including managing HRIS platform, HR policies including payroll and benefits, and assisting with development of policies and procedures
- Hire, retain, and train a world class people team.
- Establish programs that make Monograph an incredible place to start and advance a career, including performance management, professional development programs, and compensation strategies that drive continuous improvement
- Organize records and accounts
- Plan and manage all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual events.
- Vendor management
- Coordinate quarterly board meetings and investor meetings
- Executive Assistant to the CEO.
Requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of experience in People Operations Leadership roles
- Demonstrated focus on creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environments and dedication to continuous improvement for our employee base
- Exceptional communication & collaboration skills, particularly with people who have different skill sets
- Perspective on how to create a thriving culture in a distributed team
- Cultural ambassador who will embed our company values into our systems and processes
- Experience across a variety of HR disciplines and track record of self-improvement
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt in a changing business environment
Skills that will help you be successful for this role:
- Familiarity with the architecture industry.
- Logical, measured and can solve any problem you put in front of them in a way that gets others excited to help
- Relentless focus on results
- Continuous optimizer - always looking for ways to make things better, faster, more efficient
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
- Willing to tackle the big and the small
What benefits can you expect
- 4-day work week (32hrs)
- Health and dental insurance
- New laptop/equipment of your choice
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
Yes, this role is a full-time role based in the United States. We are a remote-first company.
What is the company culture like?
Our CEO’s thought on culture—read about it on Fast Company.
Our amazing friend Lynne interviewed us about our company culture—read about it on her website Key Values.
What efforts are you making in terms of increasing diversity & inclusion within your company?
With two minority founders and a new parent founder, we're focused on having a welcoming environment for all backgrounds and experiences. We actively source candidates from non-traditional backgrounds knowing that diversity in thought and education ultimately results in a better company. We also have solid work-life balance (32hrs/week), knowing that there's a lot more in your life than just your job.